On this art and heritage tour from Manila, discover the Angono Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site home to the fascinating Angono Petroglyphs. Browse these ancient relics and get a glimpse into local culture as you tour two art galleries with your guide and enjoy a Filipino lunch.
- ?Art and heritage tour from Manila
- Tour the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Angono Caves with your guide
- See the fascinating Angono Petroglyphs, featuring human and animal figures dating back to 3000 BC
- Browse the artwork of the Philippines' best artists at the Nemiranda Arthouse and the Blanco Museum
- Visit the residence of the late Carlos ‘Botong’ Francisco to learn about this popular modernist painter
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- After pickup from your Manila hotel, take an exhilarating trip back in time to the idyllic town of Angono, located between the hills of Antipolo and famous Laguna de Bay.
- With your guide, stop at the Nemiranda Arthouse, an art gallery operated by renowned painter Nemi Miranda, who has won various awards and distinctions both locally and abroad. Here and at the Blanco Museum, browse artwork from famous Filipino artists such as Carlos ‘Botong’ Francisco, one of the country’s first modernist painters. You’ll also stop by his former residence.
- Then, visit the Angono Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where ancient petroglyphs dating back to 3000 BC are displayed. Marvel at these pre-historic works of art, featuring stylized human and animal figures, to get a glimpse into the life of ancient Filipinos.
- At midday, enjoy a lunch of traditional Filipino specialties. Time permitting, you can shop for native crafts and souvenirs at the Tiendesitas. Afterward, you’ll be taken back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen are recommended
- If your hotel is located outside the Makati City and Manila City area proper, please make your own way to the New World Renaissance Hotel in Makati City at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure