Discover the natural beauty of the Philippines while touring the scenic countryside of Bohol Island. This day trip with an informative guide takes you on a scenic journey around the island, from mahogany forests to historic landmarks and the Chocolate Hills, shaped like mounds of chocolate. Plus, enjoy a relaxing lunch cruise on the Loboc River, where you’ll have the opportunity to spot indigenous Philippine tarsiers, some of the smallest primates in the world.
- Bohol Island day trip and river cruise
- Discover Spanish colonial influences at the historic Blood Compact Monument, and visit the Baclayon Church and Museum
- Take a scenic drive through the countryside, including a mahogany forest
- See fabulous views from the Chocolate Hills
- Tour a butterfly sanctuary and visit the former fishing town of Loay
- Enjoy lunch as you cruise along the Loboc River and spot tiny tarsiers on the riverbank
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Loboc River cruise
- Lunch on the cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your Bohol Island day trip begins with pickup from your hotel by air-conditioned coach. With your knowledgeable guide, tour Bohol’s scenic countryside, starting from the island’s capital city of Tagbilaran.
- This tour takes in many sights, including the bronze statue known as the Blood Compact Monument, a landmark commemorating the first treaty of friendship between the Spanish and Filipinos. Visit the Baclayon Church, built in 1595, and admire its traditional Spanish colonial architecture. Explore its neighboring museum with your guide to see relics dating back to the 16th century.
- Next, drive under the lush foliage of mahogany trees in a man-made forest prized for its timber, and pass green farmland and villages surrounded by local nipa palms. When you reach Bilar, your guide accompanies you to a butterfly conservation center that showcases a variety of Philippine butterflies, including about half of the 300 species found on Bohol.
- Marvel at these colorful creatures as they roam freely over 7 acres (3 hectares) of butterfly habitat and feast on nectar-rich flowers. From a viewing deck above, take note of the cone-shaped Chocolate Hills in the distance.
- You’ll get up close to the thousand or so limestone mounds after a scenic driving tour through the island’s interior to Carmen. Then enjoy more fabulous views over Bohol from the Chocolate Hills viewpoint. To remember this magnificent panorama, get creative and take an off-the-wall snapshot of yourself with the hills as a backdrop.
- Continue by coach to Loboc and board a catamaran for a 50-minute cruise on the Loboc River, and enjoy an authentic lunch of Filipino specialties served on board the boat, buffet-style. Relax as you view nature’s splendor, including graceful rolling hills, coconut trees and green nipa palms lining the riverbanks. Your guide can help you spot tiny Philippine tarsiers playing on the riverbank — with a gentle demeanor and large, bulbous eyes, the world’s second-smallest primate isn’t easy to find.
- Afterward, make a brief stop in the coastal town of Loay to observe several backyard industries of the former fishing village. See the making of bolo hatchets, used for farming and woodcutting, and learn about the manual construction of nipa palm roofing materials.
- Your Bohol tour ends with the return drive to Tagbilaran and drop-off at your selected Bohol hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 passengers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Hotel pickup service is available for the listed hotels only. If you are staying in a different hotel, please make arrangements with tour operator for pickup from the nearest supported hotel and make your own way there